Let me start with a few things I like about MyHeritage; there is more, however.
1. It is world-wide
2. They allow transfers of your raw data
3. You can manage more than one kit with the same membership
4. They allow you to have pedigree charts
5. They notify you via your email if there are new updates to your DNA matches and to help you with your pedigree chart records
6. The horizontal pedigree charts on the Review DNA Match page for each of your matches are much easier to read than the pink and blue vertical charts they still have.
7. The new addition of a Chromosome Browser is their best feature!
It is wonderful to see that MyHeritage now has a chromosome browser…the most important tool for comparing matching segments!
To find the browser (sadly, it is not on the drop-down menus), follow these steps.
1. Log in to your account and click on DNA Matches
2. Click on the match’s REVIEW DNA MATCH in the lower right of their section
3. Scroll to the top of the Chromosome Browser which is the last item on this long page
4. At the top right of the browser, click on Advanced Options, then click on Download Shared DNA Info
5. The file is downloaded and shows in the lover left side of the screen (for a PC, at least)
6. Click to open this CVS file
VERY sadly, you must download one match at a time. I have over 4,690 matches and spent many hours today just downloading the first 20 pages.
Once you download one file, you can copy and paste the other matches’ files into the first one as long as you do not make any changes to any of the files. That is no columns or row sizes can be changed.
Be sure to add the new information at the end of the previous information.
Once you have downloaded all your matches, save the file as is and make a new working file that you can manipulate. This working file can be adjusted to see the information easily as well as adding columns you wish to use.
I hope you have more time than I have to download all your matches’ segments, and I dearly hope you will contact MyHeritage to request that they allow the download of all segment matches into one file in one download. Family Tree DNA and 23andMe allows this. Remember, it took me several hours to do 20 pages (10 matches per page) and I have over 400 pages of matches. I’m sure many other testers have more.
The phone in the US for MyHeritage: 1-800-987-9000. You must have your account ID, however. You can find this by going to their Home page and use the drop-down menu under HELP. Then click on CONTACT. Your account ID is just above the list of phone numbers for anywhere in the world.
THANK YOU for the Chromosome Browser!!!!