Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) has completed the process to allow customers from Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation (SMGF), GeneTree and Ancestry.com to transfer their test results to FTDNA. This option began when DNA Heritage (DNAH) ceased operations on April 19, 2011 and transferred their results to Family Tree DNA; however, FTDNA decided to expand the format of accepting DNAH’s result to include anyone who tested at SMGF, GeneTree and Ancestry.com, thus given thousands of people the opportunity to join the largest DNA database for genealogy.
The transfer options are:
1. Transfer Y-DNA33 or Y-DNA46 marker test for $19 and join a Project
2. Transfer Y-DNA33 marker test and purchase an FTDNA Y-DNA 25 marker test for $58 to join a Project, receive a Haplogroup prediction and receive matches in the FTDNA database.
2. Select the transfer package that is right for you, and click on the Order Now button beside it.
3. Click the Next button and complete the Contact Information form.
4. Click the Next button and complete the Shipping and Billing form.
5. Review and complete your order.
For non-DNA H transfers, testers will need to both enter their lab values and submit a screen shot of their results.
See the FAQ for more inforamtion.
Testers from the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation (SMGF), GeneTree and Ancestry.com may transfer their Y-DNA results to Family Tree DNA.
For a small fee testers can receive the full benefits offered to all Family Tree DNA customers which included, in part:
* Sample storage
* Testing upgrades
* Haplogroup predictions
* Project membership
* Availability to the largest database solely for genealogists
* Comparison to the entire database every time test results are received
* Notification of matches via email
* Personal webpages
* No monthly fees
aulicino, 4 Aug 2011